Fillings & Restorations in Westerville, OH
At Abidin & Cao, DDS, we take great pride in offering mercury-free dentistry to the Westerville community. We use tooth-colored fillings to ensure our patients are receiving high-quality, safe, and effective tooth restorations. If you're in need of restorative work, or would like to have your silver filling replaced with a composite dental filling, contact our office today!Contact Us
Many people still have silver/mercury fillings in their mouths from years past. Not only are silver fillings extremely noticeable when you talk, laugh, or smile, but they're also known to weaken tooth structure. We're a mercury-free practice and utilize safer, more reliable dental materials. With our porcelain inlays and tooth-colored restorations (onlays), you can discreetly restore your smile with materials that will also strengthen and preserve your weakened teeth. Our tooth-colored restorations are esthetically pleasing, reliable, and effective thanks to new bonding technologies and advances in modern dentistry.
Disadvantages of Silver fillings
- The edges of the silver filling can often wear down, become weak, or break allowing cavities to return.
- With age, the metal of a silver filling can also expand, contract, and split.
- Silver fillings are 50% mercury, which can corrode, leak, and cause stains on your teeth and gums.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Restorations
Fortunately, silver fillings can be safely replaced with tooth-colored restorations.There are many advantages to restorations made with composite resin, such as:
- Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth.
- Tooth-colored restorations can be used in instances where much of the tooth structure has been lost.
- The tooth remains intact and receives additional strength and protection from the tooth-colored restoration.
- The resin used in tooth-colored restorations contains fluoride which helps prevent decay.
- The composite resin is matched to the color of your natural teeth so the restoration blends into your smile.