You may know the foods you eat can affect your oral health, but you may not be aware of certain products that can reduce inflammation in your mouth. Inflammation can be reduced without medication, supplements, or topical products.
Dental Tips: Herbs and Spices
- Sage is a natural astringent. If your gum tissue is inflamed, incorporate sage into your recipes. It makes a nice addition to sauces.
- Cloves have anti-inflammatory properties. You can add cloves to cider, and many dishes you prepare at home.
- Ginger can reduce inflammation. You can eat crystallized ginger, add it to meals, or include it in smoothies.
- Turmeric is appropriate for many styles of cooking. It can help reduce inflammation, and provides many health benefits.
- Cayenne pepper is a tasty spice that adds flavor to many dishes. It is also good for your oral health. You can find many recipes that can be improved with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Cinnamon, garlic, and nutmeg can be useful, too. Regardless of the cooking style or cuisine you prefer, you can find many opportunities to add these spices to your meals.
Inflammation can have a number of causes. Whether your inflammation is due to a medical condition, hormone issues, pregnancy, or poor oral care habits, you do not want to use pharmaceutical products to reduce the inflammation.
You do not need drugs or chemicals to restore your oral health. You can use all-natural spices instead. You can protect your oral health, and your overall health as well.
If you have a medical condition or take medication, talk to your physician before making changes in your diet. Your doctor may be glad to hear you are taking a natural approach to your oral health. You can have healthier teeth and gums without inflammation.